Being active on social media like Facebook or Instagram can be a rewarding way to keep in touch with friends and acquaintances.
Social networking sites are made for sharing, but you’ve probably seen this comment in someone else’s post: “Is it okay to share your post? Can it be made to be shared?”
This happens when a post has not been made public. In other words, if the privacy settings of the original post are set to “Friends Only”, this post is missing the Share button. Fortunately, adjusting your privacy settings to allow sharing in a Facebook post is easy and we’ll show you how it looks below.
How to share in Facebook posts
There are two main ways to share on Facebook. You can have a specific post shared, or change the default privacy settings in your Facebook timeline to make all your future posts public.
First, we’ll look at how to share a specific post, either on a computer or in the Facebook mobile app.
How to share on Facebook on a computer
Set up your Facebook post audience a public will make your post shareable.
- From the Facebook home page from a computer, click in the “What’s on your mind” field or select To create button with the plus sign next to the profile picture in the upper right, then select Publication.
- Please note the audience of the post. Your privacy / public settings appear directly below your profile name Create a post pop-up window. Depending on the default settings, the audience for your post may already be set up as an audience.
- Click the drop-down arrow to select your audience.
- If you want your post to be shared, select Audience for your audience.
- Verify that your post is public by looking for the globe icon in your post. Also note that the Share button appears below your post.
It’s okay now. Anyone on Facebook will be able to view and share your post.
How to share Facebook post on mobile
Setting up your public post audience is just as easy on mobile.
- Open the Facebook app and tap the “What’s on your mind” field?
- Select the audience drop-down menu below your profile name.
- Then set the audience of your post to Audience.
- Press the back arrow to return to your post.
- Finally, when you have finished writing your message, select the file Publication button, and you’re done!
How to do a privacy check on Facebook
If you want all your future posts on Facebook to be set as a public audience, you can change the default settings for your timeline. The easiest way to do this is to check Facebook’s privacy.
How to run Facebook privacy check on a computer
Facebook’s privacy check is easily accessible from a desktop browser.
- Log in to facebook.com.
- Click the drop-down arrow at the top right of the browser window, just to the right of your profile picture.
- Select Settings and privacy.
- Select Privacy check.
- There are many options here. To change the default publication audience, select Who can see what he sharesand Facebook will launch a wizard that will take you through all the steps to change who can see your profile information, who can see your posts and stories, and who you have blocked from being seen on Facebook.
How to run Facebook privacy check on mobile
You can also start checking your Facebook privacy on your mobile.
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device, and sign in if you’re not already.
- Select the menu icon to access the main menu. Scroll down until you see Settings and privacy.
- Then tap Privacy shortcuts.
- Select Review some important privacy settings.
- This will take you to the Facebook privacy check. From here, if you want to change the default audience settings, choose Who can see what he sharesand continue through the wizard. The wizard will guide you through who can see your profile information, who can see your posts and stories, and who you have blocked so they can’t see you on Facebook.
You may have noticed that there are several places where you can change your privacy settings on Facebook. It’s a good idea to review these settings from time to time to make sure your privacy settings are set up the way you want.
Go and share
Now that you’ve made it easier for other people to share your Facebook posts, it’s best to post something worth sharing.
Knowing that “video and animation content is much better than photos when it comes to social media and the internet in general,” here’s an idea: Learn how to bring your photos to life with our article on 6 ways to animate photos online OR with the app.