GIFs are a great way to convey your emotions online. You can post it in your timeline to share your views on a topic, send it to one of your friends to share a laugh, or use it to comment on someone’s post.
The only problem with GIFs is that not all social networks support this format and allow you to easily use GIFs instead. In this article, you’ll learn how to post a GIF on Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, and Twitter, and you’ll never post it to Google again.
How to post a GIF on Facebook
Before you can publish the GIF anywhere, you must create it. There are several ways to create a GIF. You can use Photoshop to create a GIF from images or videos. If you are not an experienced Photoshop user, you can use one online GIF creators However. Some of the most popular options are GIPHY i Make a GIF.
After creating and downloading the GIF to your device, you can post it to Facebook. To post a GIF to your Facebook history as a status update, follow the steps below.
- Sign in with Facebook and sign in to your account.
- Select to Create post.
- Under Add to your post select Photo / video.
- Find your GIF and select Open.
The GIF will appear as an attachment to your post. Select Publication to post it on Facebook.
Facebook also has its own GIF gallery that you can use to post a GIF to your Facebook timeline. You can find it below Add to your post when you select Month (three horizontal points)> GIF.
You can then browse the gallery or use the file Search bar to find the GIF you need. You’ll find the same GIF gallery in Facebook Messenger chat when you want to send a GIF to someone on Facebook as a message.
You may want to use a GIF to comment on someone’s post or respond to their comment on Facebook. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Open Facebook and search for the post you want to comment on.
- Select Comment.
- Select Comment with a GIF to choose a GIF from your Facebook gallery. To use a custom GIF as a comment, select Attach a photo or video, search for your GIF and select Open to attach it.
You will then see your GIF appear in the Facebook comments thread.
How to post a GIF on Instagram
Unlike Facebook, Instagram does not facilitate GIF posting. The network does not support the GIF format, and when you try to upload it to Instagram, it appears as a still image.
However, it is not impossible. You can upload a GIF as an Instagram story, as well as a regular post to your feed. You can do all this using the app called GIPHY. First, download it and install it on your smartphone. To upload a GIF to Instagram using GIPHY, follow the steps below.
- Open GIPHY. Sign in to your account or create a new one.
- Giphy has its own GIF gallery that you can use to find a GIF you want to publish. To make a custom GIF and post it on Instagram, select To create.
- Select a GIF that you previously created in the device gallery, or choose a video that you want to convert to a GIF.
- A la Upload your GIF page, select Share GIF.
- Select the file Instagram icon to post your GIF on Instagram. Select if you want to share it with yours Food or Stories.
GIPHY will redirect you to Instagram, where you can upload your GIF. You can use the same method to upload GIFs that you create to GIPHY on Facebook or Snapchat.
How to post a GIF on Reddit
Reddit is the place where the use of GIF is most appropriate and expected. Although you can’t use a GIF as a comment, you can upload it to your profile page and post it to a community page. To post a GIF on Reddit, follow the steps below.
- Open Reddit and sign in to your account.
- Select Create a post.
- Under Choose a community select the community page where you want to publish your GIF.
- Select Images and video. Drag and drop the GIF or select Go up to open it.
- Return to Publication tab, fill out Title i Text (optional).
- When you are satisfied with the content of your post, select Publication.
The GIF will appear on the community page as a regular post on Reddit.
How to post a GIF on Twitter
If you want to tweet professionally, you need to be able to use any kind of support to support your tweets and comments. This includes GIFs. The good news is that using GIF on Twitter is pretty easy. Similar to Facebook, Twitter has its own GIF gallery from which you can choose GIF. To post a GIF on Twitter, follow these steps.
- Open Twitter and sign in to your account.
- Under What is happening select GIF to choose a GIF from the Twitter gallery. You can browse GIFs according to the most popular search results or use the file Search bar to find the GIF you want to publish.
- If you want to publish a custom GIF that you have created, select Media.
- Find your GIF and select Open.
The GIF will appear as an attachment to your post. Select Tweet to post it on Twitter.
If you want to use a GIF to reply to someone’s tweet, follow the steps below.
- Open Twitter and search for the tweet you want to reply to.
- Select Answer under the tweet.
- Select GIF to choose a GIF from the Twitter gallery or select Media to hang yours.
- Select Answer to post your comment.
The GIF will then appear in response to the selected tweet.
How to post a GIF anywhere
GIFs are great when you want to express yourself quickly without having to write long messages or replies. If you’re trying to post a GIF on a site or platform that doesn’t support the format and the methods we mentioned don’t work, you can re-convert it to a video and upload it online.
How often do you use GIFs online? Have we covered all the sites that make GIF publishing seem harder than it should be? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.