If you want to create a new document with highlighted text, you may want to consider installing a new font. They can be found online for free, as part of a set of fonts or for purchase. If you want others to see these fonts, you’ll need to use them in static files, such as PDF or images. Otherwise, you will need to provide the font yourself.
You can install fonts in Windows 10 in several ways. You can download and install fonts manually from online fonts, you can install fonts directly using the file Microsoft Store, or you can use third-party font managers to install them. If you want to know how to install fonts in Windows 10, here’s what you need to do.
Where to Find New Windows 10 Fonts
There are several fonts available online to download free fonts. You can, for example, download free fonts from Google Font Collection, where there are more than a thousand fonts available.
Other free online sources include Letter squirrel i Urban font, but this is a far from exhaustive list. You could even design your own font using the free version FontStruct service. Whether you’re downloading an existing font or creating your own, the font file is usually located at TTF or OTF file formats.
If you are a Photoshop user, you can make use of your Adobe Creative Cloud subscription and download fonts using this service. You can also install fonts on Windows 10 directly through the Microsoft Store.
Install fonts on Windows 10 using Windows Font Viewer
If you have downloaded a suitable TTF or OTF font file from an online source, you can install it in several ways. The first method is to view the font file itself. Window allows you to preview a font and install it using the file Windows font viewer.
Show the font used with the phrase, the fast brown fox jumps on the lazy dog, which contains all the letters of the alphabet. Numbers 0 to 9 and some punctuation (such as semicolons) are also displayed, allowing you to view the font design completely.
- The Windows font viewer opens TTF and OTF font files. To install it using this method, click Install button at the top left of the Windows Font Viewer window.
In a few moments, your new font will be available for use in other programs on your PC.
Install fonts on Windows 10 using the system fonts folder
However, if you install multiple fonts at once, installing fonts using Windows Font Viewer would be a slow and time-consuming process. Instead, you can install the fonts manually by copying them to the Windows system folder for the fonts (C: Windows Font) directly.
- To do this, open Windows File Explorer and go to C: Windows Font folder. In another Explorer window, drag the files to the file Font type folder. You can also copy the files right-click> Paste at the Font type folder itself.
Once the files have been copied or transferred, the fonts will be available in your other applications and in the installed Windows software. You may need to restart any open applications in order to view the fonts.
Install fonts on Windows 10 using Windows settings
If you’re having trouble installing fonts on Windows 10 that you downloaded online using the above method, you can drag and drop them to the Font type menu a Windows settings However.
- To access this menu, right-click the Windows Start menu and press the button Configuration option.
- In Windows settings, press Customization> Font. At the top of the menu is an option to drag and drop font files. If you have downloaded OTF or TTF fonts files, you can find and select them in a separate window in Windows File Explorer, and then drag and drop them into the open Windows File Explorer window. Windows settings.
Once in place, the fonts will be ready for use immediately.
Find and install fonts from the Microsoft Store
If you’re having trouble finding new fonts that you like, you might be able to find them in the built-in Windows 10 app store in the Microsoft Store. Instead of searching for them manually, you can access the list of available fonts to download directly from your Windows settings menu.
- You can open Windows settings by right-clicking on the Start menu and clicking Configuration.
- In Windows settings, select Customization> Font. A la Font type menu, press the button Get more fonts in the Microsoft Store option.
- This will launch the file Microsoft Store in a new window. A list of free and paid fonts can be viewed. Click one of the fonts available in the file Font type listed here to preview.
- In the preview section of a font in the Microsoft Store, press the button Achieve button. This will download and install the font on your PC. You will need to authorize the purchase if you purchase a payment letter at the next stage.
Once the font is installed, you can use it immediately in your other software.
Use of third-party source managers
If you’re having trouble installing new fonts in Windows 10, you may prefer to use a third-party font management tool. These tools are an all-in-one font solution, allowing you to download, manage, and update new fonts directly.
One font manager you can use is FontBase, a cross – platform font management tool for Windows, Mac, and Linux. FontBase is free to use and allows you to quickly install fonts from the Google Fonts collection without downloading or installing them manually.
- Download and install FontBase to get started. Once installed, you can see the fonts currently installed in the main FontBase window. If you want to install a new font from the Google Fonts collection, press the button Google option below the file Suppliers category.
- FontBase uses a file activation system for activating and deactivating fonts. When the application is open, the fonts you have activated are available for use in other programs. When closed, fonts are disabled and unavailable. It is designed to limit the use of resources in your system. To activate a font, select the check box next to a font in the file Google list. When the checkbox is green, the font is active.
- If you prefer, you can take a FontBase font and install it manually so that it is available at all times. To do this, right-click on a font that you have activated, and then press the button. Go to font option. This will open the source location in Windows File Explorer.
- Double-click the font file to open it in Windows Font Viewer. Once opened, press the button Install button.
If you choose to install a FontBase font permanently, it will be available for use immediately, regardless of whether FontBase is open or not.
Creating new designs with new fonts in Windows 10
Once you’ve learned how to install fonts on Windows 10, you can let your creative side go wild. New documents, images, professional infographics and more can benefit from one or two new fonts, especially if you’re bored to see the same old Times New Roman or Arial font size 12 appear on your documents.
Once the fonts are installed, the next steps are yours. You can design and create a multi-page PDF in Photoshop, allowing you to integrate your new font style into a static document. You can even to Add Fonts to Photoshop | directly, with even more fonts available to install and use as part of your Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.