Let’s be honest, Google Chrome’s default theme has nothing to say. Of course, from time to time to celebrate a global party or event, Google will change its logo to match, giving us some visual appeal. Still, it’s nothing more than style. Where is the customization?
Investing in Google Themes allows your personality to shine. Quickly add your Chrome theme with different colors and characters to add to your homepage, new tab background, search bar, and bookmarks tab. There will probably be a Chrome theme that suits you best.
How to change the Chrome theme
So how exactly do you download and add a Chrome theme? Well, first, first, you have to visit the Chrome Web Store. Without using the link, to change the Chrome theme, you’ll need to go into your browser settings, select Appearance, and click Themes.
Chrome Web Store Themes
You can sort the themes by changing the category in the menu on the left for one of three options: All, Google, and Artist.
The following is an overview of Google Chrome theme categories when set to All:
- Posted by Chrome: These themes have been specifically designed by Google for use with Chrome themes.
- Dark and black themes: Let the darkness flow through you and your Chrome theme.
- Minimalist themes: These themes are suitable for users who are not looking for anything that is considered “too elegant” and who want something different from the norm.
- Space exploration: Take a trip around the galaxy right there in your browser.
- Lovely places: For stunning landscape-style images, Enchanting Places is themed for you.
- Sketches of superheroes: For all fans of superheroes. Show your love for Deadpool, the Justice League and even game heroes like Legend of Zelda Link.
- A touch of color: Add a touch of vibrancy to your Chrome browser with just a few Chrome color themes.
- Into The Forest: For stunning and spooky woodland themes.
- Great passages: Car lovers rejoice, Google Chrome has themes for you.
- Let the sun in: From sunrise to sunset, admire the view of beaches, mountain ranges and sun-kissed cities.
- Chrome in full bloom: Do you prefer a little floral? Add one of these Chrome themes to show flowers as you browse the web.
Here you can scroll through the thousands of topics available to find one that you identify most. All themes in the store are free so you can try as many as you want.
You can click See everything button located at the top right of each themes section to see all Chrome themes in that section.
To preview a theme, click the thumbnail and see the “Overview” tab to see what the theme will look like on a tabbed page.
Once you install a theme, the default will be automatically replaced by the new one. You will have the option to undo a theme and make a different choice if what you initially choose is not as representative of your personality as you expected.
Install a Chrome theme
- From the Chrome Web Store Themes page, browse until you find a theme you want to preview.
- You can select a Chrome theme by left-clicking on one of the thumbnails.
- Before you click, you can hover over the thumbnail to get a snippet of information about the theme or artist.
- After clicking on a thumbnail, you will find yourself on the download page for this topic. See the Overview to see if you want to set up the new theme.
- You can also see what others are saying about the topic by going to the “Reviews” tab.
- Once you have made your decision, click Add to Chrome button at the top left.
- Chrome themes can also be added to the Brave browser for anyone who uses them. For your people, the button will be labeled as Add to Brave However.
- The download should only take a few seconds and the default theme will give way to the new one.
Remove or change a Chrome theme
Already bored with your new theme and want to change it to something different or return to the default value? Piece of cake.
The procedure for deleting or changing a Chrome theme is very similar to adding one.
- Open the Chrome menu and sign in again Configuration.
- To change the Chrome theme, click Aspects, and then Themes. Then look for a new one by repeating the process you did to add one for the first time.
- To delete a topic, click Aspectsand, to the right of the current topic, click Reset to default settings button. This will return the theme to its original state.